20 Things To See In San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park
Journey and Places»
Visiting North America»
20 Things to See in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park
Updated on October 30, 2012 Kathryn Vercillo more Click on thumbnail to view full-dimension Golden Gate Park, CA Map margin:0px !vital;” /> Golden Gate Park is one in all the preferred sights in San Francisco. If you get an opportunity to visit the city, you must positively make it a degree to take a look at this glorious spot of nature proper in the guts of San Francisco. And if you reside in San Francisco then you should do some in-depth exploring of all that there is to see in this wonderful place. You could be stunned what number of different things there are to check out while you’re here.
Here’s a listing of twenty things you can see or do while you visit San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park:
1. Botanical Gardens. The Botanical Gardens are an amazing set of public gardens which can be positioned in the middle of the park. They’re currently free to go to though I’ve heard rumors that a small price will soon be charged. Even with a charge, it’s price it to go controller tshirt right here. There’s plant life from completely different components of the world. It’s a retreat inside of a retreat inside of an urban space!
2. Japanese Tea Gardens. Positioned really near the Botanical Gardens you’ll find the Japanese Tea Gardens. It costs a small payment to enter here however it’s totally price it. The plants and statues listed below are peaceful. There are a few koi fish in the pond. And for a few extra dollars you may get tea and cookies bought by girls sporting conventional Japanese clothing.
Three. De Young Museum. Located in the same a part of the park as the 2 gardens, you’ll find this terrific art museum. There are wonderful permanent and non permanent exhibits here. Plus you’ll be able to go to the top of the gift shop (for no charge) and get a very cool view of the entire park.
4. California Academy of Sciences. Located throughout the best way from the De Younger Museum is this building which holds an aquarium, a planetarium, a rainforest exhibit, a restaurant, a dwelling roof and a number of other stuff value checking out.
5. Bison Enclosure. There is a small enclosure in Golden Gate Park where a handful of American Buffalo dwell. It’s strange to see a few of these creatures inside of the fence right here. It’s nothing like seeing them out within the wild at a place like Yellowstone. Nonetheless, it’s form of cool to verify them out since they’re wonderful creatures that we don’t get to see too typically.
6. Equestrian Stables. Bison aren’t the only animals that you would be able to see in the park. There are additionally horses over at the stables in the middle of the park. Sometimes the individuals who have their horses here will placed on a horse present in the polo fields which are another part of the park price checking out.
7. Soccer Fields. If you wish to get active while you’re in the park then a good choice is to take a look at the soccer fields which might be situated on the northwest facet of the park. Initially these were speculated to be polo fields but that never really panned out.
Eight. Windmill and Tulip Garden. At the west finish of Golden Gate Park is a windmill surrounded by a ravishing backyard of flowers. It’s a picture-worthy spot and the windmill was as soon as a working windmill so there’s some historical past right here too.
9. Video games at Kezar Stadium. On the eastern finish of Golden Gate Park is this stadium where varied highschool and neighborhood sports teams play their games. The neatest thing to take a look at right here is roller derby which happens each so typically.
10. Outdoor concert events. There are numerous free (and not-so-free) out of doors music live shows and festivals held in Golden Gate Park throughout the year. Most of those take place within the summer season. It’s at all times fun to lounge round in the park listening to music.
Eleven. Conservatory of Flowers. This is without doubt one of the world’s largest conservatories and a tremendous place to see if you’re curious about indoor gardens. There are also lots of particular occasions and exhibits right here which you could try periodically throughout the year.
12. AIDS Memorial Grove. One other place the place you possibly can go to see flowers (but one that’s a bit more somber) is the AIDS Memorial Grove which is devoted to the reminiscences of these people who’ve died from the illness.
13. Golden Gate Park Rose Garden. A slightly more uplifting place to see flowers within the park is to check out the rose garden. Numerous styles of roses bloom here during the right season.
14. Hippie Hill. Golden Gate Park is positioned right near The Haight which is well-known for the time that the hippies populated this space. Return to that time at this spot of the park where you’ll be able to regularly expertise a drum circle.
15. Stow Lake. One of the things that people like to do when they go to the park is to feed the ducks. You’ll be able to do that here at Stow Lake which is in the middle of Golden Gate Park. You can too rent a paddleboat and trip it round.
16. Children’s Playground and Carousel. When you have children then you’ve received to take a look at this terrific playground in Golden Gate Park. Even should you don’t, you might find that the child in you comes out right here.
17. Sharon Arts Studio. Located close to the children’s playground is that this awesome group artwork studio that offers courses to folks involved in artwork.
18. Golden Gate Park Golf Course. There is a golf course positioned within the boundaries of the park so if you want to get out on the green and take pleasure in some golf then you possibly can do this. They also educate golf lessons for both children and adults right here.
19. Archery Range. Positioned close to the golf course is the San Francisco Golden Gate Archery Range where folks go to practice archery. You can learn more about this place by checking out the Cupid’s Gate Archery Team which trains here.
20. Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant. When you’re completed exploring all the park, you’ll be able to go seize a drink at this restaurant and brewery which is positioned in the park on the western facet. There are historic murals to take a look at before or after you eat and there is steadily reside music to be loved right here.
San FranciscoPlaces to go to in San Francisco With a Family and youngsters
by Robin Edmondson12
CaliforniaGolden Gate Park ~ Japanese Tea Garden, Museums, One thing for everybody!
by Peggy Woods64
San FranciscoTop 10 Issues to See in San Francisco in Three Days
by Catherine Stolfi1
San FranciscoSan Francisco: A Customer’s Survival Guide
by Liz Elias19
San FranciscoSutro Baths and Vicinity: San Francisco Historical past Bits
by Liz Elias16
San FranciscoASL and Deaf Occasions within the SF Bay Area – A listing of Sources
San Francisco10 Breathtaking Stairway Walks on the Streets in San Francisco, CA
by Kathryn Vercillo12
Cooper Harrison 7 months ago from San Francisco, CA
Great recommendations, thanks!
DjembeJay 2 years ago
Hippie Hill seems like an important place to go to and expertise a drum circle. If you do not know much about drum circles you’ll be able to view some good overview data at http://www.djembelessons.com/drum-circles.
macky75 5 years ago from London, England
At my age I can solely go to such amazing places solely by way of the readings of different folks. If I ever lived to see San Francisco it will be a nice feeling.
htodd 5 years in the past from United States
Looks like San Francisco is a great place….A should go to place
unknown 6 years in the past
daywriter 6 years ago from USA
To learn you St. Francisco publish made me go back to the past and remember visiting all these locations with my husband and having a greeeeaaat time! Thank you for taking me again in a virtual journey to a place i love!
jaslevine 7 years in the past
Nice information. Can’t wait to visit a few of these locations after i come controller tshirt on the market next month!
dracaslair 7 years in the past
hubs like that is cool keep it up.
Art of legend india.com 7 years in the past
I impressed to read your hub.that is the good data of San Francisco’s 20 places.
kiwi91 7 years in the past from USA
This is superior. I’ve been to San Francisco 5 or 6 times, and i’ve still solely seen a fraction of it. There’s rather a lot to do there. As for Golden Gate Park, I’ve only been to the half near the Exploratorium. Lovely building. Thanks for the information!
cupidsgatearchery 8 years in the past from Golden Gate Park Archery Vary – San Francisco
Thank you for giving Cupid’s Gate Archery a mentioning in your article.
bayareagreatthing 8 years ago from Bay Space California
Great descriptions! I linked your hub to mine so others can find out what to do in the Park.
HEBowers eight years ago
Hello. I’m new to Hubpages and was studying your hub and wondering for those who had any advice on what I could doto enhance my hubs.
p.s. I’ve at all times wanted to go to San Fransisco.
Aqua eight years in the past from California
Thanks for the great Hub – I will be in San Fransisco subsequent week and I’m printing this to take with me!
bala11bala eight years in the past
the things talked about are wonderful
outdoorguy38 8 years ago from Brookings,Oregon
Having been to San Fran many instances previously, I’m shocked to seek out on the market are bison in Golden Gate Park. Thanks for the nice info.
Om Paramapoonya 8 years ago
Hippie Hill sounds awesome….I need to check it out. Nice hub 🙂