Do you want to regain that shiny new laptop look? Make your own Laptop Screen cleaning kit with simple household ingredients:
* 1. Dilute isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) into a mix with no more than 50% alcohol and the rest distilled water.
* 2. Pour the mix in a small spritzer bottle, the type that you push from the top to get a fine mist. It works really well at getting just the right amount on your screen with a spray on each section.
* 3. Apply the mix to a cotton cloth, such as an old T-shirt, lint-free microfiber cloth, or other very soft cloth. A bigger cloth is best, since it will help to reduce the risk of leaving streaks across the screen from finger pressure.
* 4. Move the cloth against the screen in a counter-clockwise motion. Apply an even pressure to the
cloth but be careful not to press too hard against the screen.
* Expensive store-bought products such as Kensington Screen Guardian contain the same mixture of alcohol and water. 3M’s Antistatic Cleaning Solution contains this same mix, plus Ethylene Glycol.
* If you apply too much of the solution and it leaves your screen damp, simply wipe off the excess.
* Tissues and toilet paper will likely leave fine flakes of paper on your monitor…don’t use them.
* You don’t want mineral spots on your screen, so don’t use tap water, distilled is best.
* Using a 100% cotton cloth or shirt alone, without the alcohol mix, can sometimes produce the same smudge-free results without going to the trouble of mixing your own solution.
* If you’re a photographer, you can use your lint-free lens wipes instead of a soft cotton cloth.
* If you are looking for a cheap way to get your hands on ready-made cleaning solution, try CD/DVD cleaner, which is often 55% Isopropyl alcohol and is not harmful to most plastic surfaces.
* Do not drink Isopropyl alcohol. It is not grain alcohol. It is toxic.
* Do not use cheap paper towels. You will scratch the LCD screen.
* Avoid using products such as Windex because these contain ammonia and it can degrade the LCD panel.
* Shut down your laptop, unplug it from the power adapter, and remove the battery before cleaning it or you risk exposing yourself to an electrical shock.
Things You’ll Need
* Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
* Distilled water
* A soft cotton cloth
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of making your own laptop screen cleaning solution, here are some alternative commercial laptop screen cleaners.
By keeping your laptop monitor clean, you can extend the useful life of your laptop, and have a more enjoyable viewing experience…no one likes trying to work on their laptop if the monitor is filthy or difficult to see. These tips will help ensure your laptop health.
In case you loved this article and you want to receive details with regards to Men’s Custom arrow Short Sleeve Tops Tees kindly visit the webpage.