A few strategic cuts transform a simple white T-shirt into a skeleton-inspired Halloween costume. Complete the look with spook-tacular Exposed-Bone Jeans.
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, October 2010
Home How-To Newsletter
Great tips & projects delivered to your inbox.
– Front rib cage template
– Back ribcage template
– White T-shirt
– Cutting mat
– Repositionable adhesive spray
– Small (18 mm) rotary cutter
– Fabric scissors
– Black T-shirt
– Scissors or craft knife
1. Print front and back rib cage templates. Trim first page on solid line and match to dotted line on second page; tape together.
2. Pinch front of white T-shirt at center of neck and pull forward, lining up sleeve and side seams, to create a fold down center front of shirt. Lay T-shirt flat on a cutting mat with this fold to the right.
3. Spray repositionable adhesive on back of front rib cage template. Place on folded front side of T-shirt, lining up vertical line with fold.
4. Cut horizontal rib lines with a small rotary cutter. Leaving T-shirt flat, cut curved areas with fabric scissors.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to create ribs on the back of the T-shirt, using the back rib template and lining up vertical line with back fold.
6. Peel off templates. Unfold T-shirt and wear over a black shirt.
Reviews Add a comment
Other Ideas to Try
– Adult Halloween Costumes
– Halloween Projects & Crafts
– Halloween Appetizers & Snacks
– Halloween Treats & Desserts
Learn & Do
Healthy Halloween Recipes
Quick & Easy Halloween Recipes
Martha Stewart Living